Tuesday

**Product Review**--The Orchid G

So last week I received the Orchid G vibrator from our wonderful friends at Babeland for review. I was excited to try this particular toy, as it had been awarded Babeland's "Moregasm Toy of the Month" status; also, I'm on a quest to find a g-spot vibe that I actually love. So far the Thumbelina has been the closest, but I'm determined to find THE toy that I can tell my friends and neighbors, strangers on the street, and the lady at my dentist office about....So anyways, the Orchid G.

The Orchid G is an angled vibe that looks like, as I described to my fellow toy aficionado friend, Jacob, an egg on an angled stick. At first glance, I was skeptical, not gonna lie. It measures about 8" from base to tip, and the "egg" head is about 1-3/8" across at its widest point. The egg scared me, the super-slim handle intrigued me. It comes in two colors, dark pink and aqua blue--I got the pretty blue!--and made from a hard, shiny plastic. Initially, I was put off by the hard plastic, but I had to remind myself that this is a must for a good g-spot toy...I'm just too used to my silicone/jelly vibes. If nothing else, the plastic The Orchid G takes 2 AA batteries, and is surprisingly VERY strong for a battery operated toy. This sucker packs a punch! The twist-style control is at the base of the slim wand-like handle, and is fairly easy to operate. The lowest setting is more of a rumbley vibration, as opposed to a pin-point vibe, and it's a nice way to start out. The vibration increases in intensity as the control is turned, but unfortunately, so does the noise. This is definitely not a discreet vibe; the radio, a fan, and a pair of boot in the clothes dryer in the same room with you might drown out the noise, but beyond that, this is one to use when you're home alone.

I started out using the Orchid G as a clit vibe--I had a feeling I was going to need to work up to inserting that head, and I wasn't wrong. As a clitoral stimulator, I give the Orchid G four stars out of five. Like I said, the vibe ranges from rumbley and textural feeling to a very defined, intense vibration. The long handle give it great maneuverability, and the hard plastic is a great sensation contrast if you are used to jelly vibes. Michelle came over on her lunch break while I was giving the Orchid G a second test drive, and got very turned on watching me use it on my clit. She took the handle and began to use it on me and I can tell you that the long handle is GREAT for partner play. She was able to operate the control and move the vibe without being in the way of it, which is what happens with a lot of other, shorter/non handled vibes. I was able to orgasm easily with the Orchid G, and it was never turned up to the highest setting. I confessed to Michelle I was a bit worried about head going in easily, and that I thought I should have a few orgasms under my belt before I tried, to make sure I was good and ready for it. (Obviously this was just my way of fishing for oral sex, and she did not disappoint!) She licked my pussy to perfection, and sucked my clit to a thundering orgasm before she had to go back to work, so I had no excuse not to use the Orchid G for its intended purpose after being serviced so thoroughly.

So does it work?
The Orchid G is definitely not going to be comfortable for my fellow tiny-pussied sisters out there. Even with the extra lubrication from orgasming, the Orchid G did not exactly slide in easily...but it did go in eventually. Once in, I did like the sensation the Orchid G provided. My g-spot was already swollen and easy to find from my oral action, so it was just a matter of centering the head at just the right spot...which was again easy to do, thanks to that long handle. The handle also made thrusting easier for me than a wider vibe tends to do. I was really enjoying what the Orchid G was doing for my g-spot...but there was no way I was going to be able to come without some sort of attention on my clit. I had a bullet vibe handy, and that did the trick. I can always orgasm with clit stim-- My orgasms are always more intense when I'm being penetrated while getting clit action, but I NEED that clit stim to be able to get anything. So the Orchid G on its own, is never going to do it for me. I can see this being a great vibe for partner use--I'm sure I would come in a nanosecond if I had this in my while having my clit suck on by a partner. I'll probably use the Orchid G as a clit vibe when I'm alone, but definitely plan on incorporating this into partner play.

The Goods
--Good g-spot vibe, great clit vibe; really nice variance in intensities
--The handle rocks. It's easy to maneuver, and doesn't get in the way
--the price of this at Babeland makes it a must-have toy, for reals.

The Bads
--Noisy as all get out. Not for discreet use.
--If penetration is difficult for you, like me, then this is not going to be the easiest toy to use...Babelube is key!!

No comments:

Post a Comment