Thursday

**Product Review**--the Teardrop Bullet Vibe

When the good folks over at Babeland sent me this nifty little bullet for review, I was pretty excited. It's gotten generally favorable reviews on the Babeland website--one woman shared that she had finally reached her first orgasm using this beauty!--so I was pretty pumped!

The Teardrop Bullet Vibe is a tear-shaped bullet in a fun Barbie-pink color. The bullet itself is made of smooth, shiny phthalate free ABS plastic, attached by a significant length of wire to its cylindrical remote. The wire is coated, as this toy is shower friendly! The remote cycles through four vibration settings, each stronger than the previous. (The five year old in me was super impressed by the light-up display on the remote!)It is *amazingly* powerful for a vibe that runs on AAA batteries--you'll need 2 of those for this one. And better yet, it is a quiet little sucker! None of that whiny, high-frequency nonsense in this little beauty...she's powerful AND discreet!

The Teardrop Bullet retails for $20 at Babeland, and while this is clearly not a toy that will last forever, it is enjoyable enough to get your money's worth of fun out of it. I've used mine only a handful of times since receiving it, and I feel that it paid for itself by the second use. I was very leery about using it in water, even though its stated as being waterproof, because the design, as I said does not seem like it will last you long. Maybe I'm just exceptionally hard on stereo equipment, but I know how often I have to replace headphones for my iPod, and the wire on this remote seemed to remind me of that...and I don't wear my headphones in the shower!

So does it work?
The vibration strength on the Teardrop Bullet is, well...strong. Strong like I would NOT have expected from a tiny battery operated vibe! At its lowest setting, the Teardrop offers a rumbly vibration, and its highest is a pin-point vibration that may or may not be a good thing, depending on your fancy. I prefer something not quite so direct, and so the middle two setting are the ones I use most frequently. Because of its hard plastic, lube is pretty much an open field, and cleanup is as simple as soap and water. I found the small size to be excellent for partner play--the extra long cord means it won't get pulled out of place while being used, and giving the remote to your partner is a fun way to spice up the basic missionary position! My only quibble so far with the design is that it does not have an 'off' button--you cycle through the vibration levels to get to the the top, and you have to cycle back down to turn it off.

The Good
Strong like whoa!
Decent construction for such an inexpensive little bullet vibe...the price and strength alone make the Teardrop Bullet a must-have item in your toy chest.

The Bads
No "off" button is kid of a pain
As I said above, it had decent construction...but not great construction. While this vibe IS waterproof, I have a feeling too much showertime-fun might speed up its demise. But for $20?? Its worth it it!

No comments:

Post a Comment