Friday

**Product Review** --The Big Flirt by Tantus

The wonderful folks at Babeland were awesome enough to send me the Big Flirt to hep facilitate my continued anal exploration this month. They rock!! After conquering the Little Flirt (check the previous post on that!) I felt confident that I was ready to take the next step in solo anal play!
For those that need reminding, the Little Flirt is really freakin' little. Imagine your middle finger cast in silicone and mounted on a rectangular stand...that's pretty much the Little Flirt. It was fun, it was easy, and it felt way too small way too quickly. Enter the Big Flirt!! Looking at it now, I suppose the size of the Big Flirt isn't really so tremendous...but when I eagerly took it out of its packaging, I likened it to the size of an Oscar Statuette, and almost fainted. I suppose I was really used to the relative tininess of the its littler sister at that point; I was quickly on the Babeland website checking to see if there was a "medium flirt" I had missed!


The Big Flirt, like its smaller sister, is a high-quality 100% silicone toy made by Tantus. Silicone is the absolute best material for any toy--it's hypo-allergenic, non-porous, phthalate and latex free, and has no wonky taste or odor. It is extremely easy to clean with anti-bacterial soap & water or a quality sex toy cleaner. You can also share silicone toys with nary a fear--sterilize by boiling, bleaching (10% solution) or by running though the dishwasher on the top rack. Silicone FTW!! The Big Flirt measures in at 1 3/8" at it's widest with a 4 1/2" insertable length (5 1/2" total.) It has a nice smooth finish--no textures or ripples here, sorry!--and the tip is very easily insertable. I would liken the tip to maybe a thumb...it then goes onto to a slim neck that gradually increases to a bulbous swell. After the swell, it tapers back to a rounded base. I found the round base to be rather uncomfortable, but it provides the security of knowing that the Flirt won't get sucked into the scary black hole of your rectum, so we'll deal with the discomfort. The round base would also make this toy harness compatible, I'd assume.

So does it work??
I gotta be honest, y'all....I've tried. I really have. I've gritted my teeth and forced a smile, and tried to pretend that I was having fun...but I am never going to be a Bend-over Betty. I don't HATE anal penetration, but I don't like it either, and I'm not sure if that's going to change. My feelings have NOTHING to do with this toy, however--it's very cool, well made, and probably tremendously enjoyable...just not for me.

I was torn between wishing this toy had a longer neck and thinking that it was already too much to insert...did any of you lovelies out there at home feel this way about YOUR Flirt? I thought the gradual increase of the Flirt was perfect--I was able to slowly insert it after thrusting it for a bit; I really needed to work up to that big center swell--but I found its length to be too much to keep comfortably inside me. As for the Big Flirt being a plug...I found the same problem with this toy as I did with the smaller version--it does NOT want to stay put! I had to hold it in to use it as a plug; I also tried it while wearing a pair a panties, but I found the length to be too uncomfortable to be left in that way. If it didn't want to stay put for me, I'd venture a guess that it wouldn't stay in for someone enjoying it enough to orgasm. I didn't get to that level, but I DID have a mental image of orgasming and it shooting out and breaking a lamp or something.

The Goods
Silicone rocks, as always. The design of this toy is great, it would be an excellent choice for the intermediate anal player out there--big, but not too big.

The Bads
Does not stay in place the way a plug should! Probably too big for a beginner, especially to insert and leave in as a plug (if you could manage to get it to stay in place!)

***I would HIGHLY recommend picking up a bottle of Babelube with any anal toy you buy!! Its thick, gel-like consistency is PERFECT for anal play...and just about anything else! GET SOME!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment